When someone is in a trying situation...and a chronic pain condition is one of those...it's not always easy to know what to say, or how to say things without sounding insensitive. I recently came across an article about this very subject. Here is a link to the article; if you prefer a "short list" of some taboo phrases, read on!
- "But you don't look disabled..."
- "...I thought you'd be better by now."
- "Essential oils would probably fix that!"
- "Your poor husband and kids!"
- "How much disability do you get?"
- "Oh come on, it's not that bad."
- "So do you take any good drugs?"
- "Are you contagious?"
- "You don't have to work? Must be nice."
Source: Buzzfeed.; wikimedia